Monday, October 08, 2007

Hutlinana

The hot springs pool at hutlinana, on the left. Hutlinana is one of my favorite places in the interior. It's amazes me that there's a relatively pristine hot springs, easily accessible (only a 100 mile drive on a bumpy dirt road, then a 6 mi hike) that hasn't been developed at all. Well there's a big fire pit there, but really that's it. I think a lot of people use it, but everybody seems to really take care of the place. Audrey and I spent the weekend there - to celebrate her birthday, and get in one last camping trip before winter. We didn't exactly beat winter - good dusting of snow and it was down in the teens overnight, but it was a wonderfully relaxing weekend, and we had no problem staying warm in the springs.
Auds tried to teach me to fly fish, but it didn't work so well when the wet line and fly froze solid.
Sun came out for a gorgeous hike out.

No comments: