Wednesday, August 06, 2008

moving in

finally! the stuff i shipped has arrived from Alaska, and I am unpacking these days... it feels weird. found a real cute and charming house, in dire need of some tlc. renting for now, with the option to buy in 6 months... but my dilemna - would you buy a house in the floodplain??

no doubt the best part of the house is the kitchen window - looking out on an elaborate garden, and the Hedlin farm behind that (one of the farmers in my program at work, and I now buy all my produce at their farmstand a half a mile from my house). it also has a great sunroom, an awesome deck, 2 pear trees, an apple tree, grapes, and some really lovely 30 year old yellow carpet and mint green paint....

5 comments:

dea said...

the house looks great!minus that carpet. what a find. dea

Ed Plumb said...

I like the house - and the access to fresh produce sounds awesome! i agree with dea about the carpet. ed

Eero said...

Hey---totally adorable kitchen!!

That carpet....yikes.



E.

Shiway (and sometimes Dave) said...

What a cute pad!!! We can't wait to come visit! I don't know when that would be but let's hope sooooon... Dave says no, don't buy a house in the floodplain... :) jealous that you're eating fresh veggies! I'm getting mine from a CSA in your area but the vegetables are still going bad after several days. argh! talk soon. Shi

brown said...

wow! that's a far cry from Betters Lane...

brownie