Friday, April 11, 2008

Spring?

Last week, after a few balmy 50 degree days, I just assumed that was it. spring was here. I was so sure infact, that I decided to walk out to Colorado Creek cabin in extratuffs rather than ski in. Despite the overflow photos below, skiis were definitely the preferable mode of transport, and I was bummed with my choice. This week it's been cold again, tons of new snow - and it's the best skiing we've had all year. Who wouldha thunk.

I think the geese, like me, were tricked by the false spring. Rumor is they showed up south of town this week. What a bummer to arrive just in time for one of the biggest snowfalls of the year, and find there's not even much open water to be had in these parts these days. guess we are all fools for thinking it's april, therefore it's spring.



adrian demonstrating ski technique on the ice-then-slush-then-ice trail
evidence - even inai can smile with the dogpacks on. they try so hard to convince us dogpacks are cruel and inhumane, but then they forget about them so quickly.kyle's snohawk

2 comments:

Eero said...

Aww---bummer about no skis. But hey, from the looks of this morning (14th), we'll all get in a little more skiing!

I'm going to make your pogies the 2nd week of May, after my show is up. Looking forward to something other than painting, at this point.

E.

Anonymous said...

Great Snow Hawk! :) Ya - just alittle more SNOW! :)