Friday, March 14, 2008

+ 7 min a day


it's definitely spring up here - you can't necessarily tell by the temps but the increasing daylight is phenomenal these days. this is Cyndie's new and very exciting solar array at the plant kingdom (aka, pk). i'm so impressed that she, as a small business owner, made such a huge investment in solar. her system cost over 30 grand and the bizarre thing is she still pays the same electric bill every month just like you and i. the solar power goes into the grid system and once a year (on earth day) she'll get a check for her contribution. bizarre system but i guess it does make more sense to feed the grid which is already there, rather than get a storage system on site so she can use her own power and be self-sufficient. anyhow, i started working part-time at the greenhouse again this week (this is my 3rd season working there, crazy how time flies), and this is just one of the reasons i love working for Cyndie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to love it up there in February - about 1/2 thru I could start breathing again cause winter was getting over and there was MORE sun! WOOHOO! By March I was home free! It's still raining and cloudy here in Wa state! Ugh! So do you work at Ann's Greenhouse - it's my guess - I think that's the best place - Ann used to water my little plants as I checked out ... Great memories!